Yesterday, you learned about the creation myths and/or founding myths of the civilization you have chosen. Today, you need to learn about how this society was actually founded.
What you will do:
Using traditional texts, databases, or reputable internet sources, find out what you can about the founding of your chosen civilization, Consider searching for terms like:
- founding (insert name) Civilization
- origins (insert name) Civilization
Don’t forget about adding site:.edu to the end of your searches.
Use what you learn to answer the following questions in point-form notes:
- What did the people of this early civilization do? Were they hunters? Gatherers? Warriors?
- What role did geography and/or climate play in the founding of this civilization?
- If there was a specific figure associated with the rise of this civilization, who was it and what did this figure do?