Next week, we launch our bit in the Amazing Chain of Contraptions. We have several tools at our disposal:
- the physical universe and its applicable laws
- MinecraftEdu (not quite as powerful as the universe, but progammable/customizable, so…)
- Your brains, Fezzik’s strength, my steel. (sorry…Princess Bride reference)
Today, everyone needs to find a major feat of engineering/technological innovation from the past that interests them. You will eventually build/create something that demonstrates your learning. Remember that you are not obligated to build a replica of a building from the past; besides being time-consuming, this kind of work does not require as much thinking as the application of the building’s engineering principles in a new setting.
Think of it this way:
- you will become an expert about one engineering feat of the past (you will need to know your sources, too; sound authoritative!)
- you will work the principles of this feat into our section of the Great Chain of Contraptions
Engineering an Empire on Learn 360 is a great place to start….