Today, you will attempt to write instructions for a simple task that you know how to do. The task can be anything that has multiple steps. Here are some possibilities:
- how to tie your shoes
- how to download an app
- how to apply makeup
- how to draw a human figure
- how to make Kraft dinner
- how to get School to Community from this classroom
How to do it:
- include at least 7 steps (does this seem like a lot? Think of all of the small steps you may have missed…)
- break down each step clearly and effectively
- use direct languages and short sentences. This is not the time for long, descriptive sentences; still, remember that you still have to fully explain the steps!
Tomorrow, we will test the quality of your instructions by actually using them to complete tasks.