Ladies and gents,
Today is our first discussion day. Remember that your conversation, interaction, and collaboration are being evaluated; check the rubric provided yesterday to see the expectations you need to meet. Here is some advice that should help you:
- each student in the group will read his/her complete work. After a student has read, provided feedback to his/her work. Be specific and clear.
- do not wait until everyone has read to provide feedback. This approach will not work.
- demonstrate active listening through your body language. Make eye contact, turn your body to the speaker, and keep your posture open
- listen attentively so that you can make clear and specific comments once the speaker has finished sharing his/her work
- ask questions that will stimulate discussion. Open-ended questions like “Why do you think the character responded that way?” work best.