I’ve got a joke for you. Are you ready? Good.
So, a Feminist, an Existentialist, and a Neo-Marxist are on this talk show…
(insert something clever about how all three made the post-war world so different from what preceded it).
Okay. So, clearly, I don’t really have a joke. What I do have, however, is a list of important ideologies and movements that shaped the second half of the twentieth century. These ideologies and movements WILL appear on a talk show that we will host later today. You will be paired with a partner; the two of you must work together to prove that your ideology/movement is the most socially/culturally significant. The ideologies and movements are:
- The Welfare State (506)
- Existentialism (509)
- Neo-Marxism (508)
- Feminist Movement (508-509)
- Youth in Revolt (510-511)
- Human Rights Movement (511-512)
- Let the Good Times Role (514, and yes, I know it is not a movement)
- Television and the Cold War (516)
- Environmentalism (518)
Guiding questions that you should be prepared to answer:
- What is brief explanation of your ideology/movement?
- Who are the big players in your ideology/movement?
- How does your movement reflect the world?
- How has your movement shaped the world culturally/socially?