Today, you will attempt to write instructions for a simple task that you know how to do. The task can be anything that has multiple steps. Here are some possibilities:
- how to tie your shoes
- how to download an app
- how to apply makeup
- how to draw a human figure
- how to make kraft dinner
- how to set up a computer
- How to get to a specific location
Everyone must create a set of instructions today. Whatever option you choose, please make sure that you:
- include at least 10 steps (does this seem like a lot? Think of all of the small steps you may have missed…)
- break down each step clearly and effectively. Include everything.
- use direct languages and short sentences. This is not the time for long, descriptive sentences; still, remember that you still have to fully explain the steps!
- Once everyone has finished their set of instructions, you will find a partner and follow each other’s instructions.
- Do your best to follow instructions exactly; don’t do things that aren’t included in the instructions!
- Evaluate your own work based on your partner’s ability to follow your instructions. Make any changes to your instructions that are necessary