The second part of the test caused a little confusion yesterday. Remember the following:
- you are writing two separate paragraphs. They do not have to be connected.
- in each paragraph, you will explain the connection between any two terms I have provided. You may not choose the same term twice.
- The list (cause and effect, for example) was added to give you ideas, not to force you into writing about a specific kind of a connection.
Today, I need you to become familiar with the basic elements of the Industrial Revolution. Very soon, we will attempt another “tweeting” session, so you need to have a solid background from which to work.
Please read pages 245 to 249. Using the note-taking method of your choice, please explain:
- The Wealth of Nations
- “workshop of the world
- “spontaneous combustion”
- moral economy
- the importance of financial institutions like the Bank of England
- multiplier effect
- how technology changed the textile/cotton industry
Any additional time can be dedicated to your Annotated Bibliography.