Be good in my absence, ladies and gents. Remember, too, that today’s work might help you prepare for the Literacy Test on Thursday.
What you will do today:
- You will use interactive exercises on a website to enhance your understanding of language.
- You will create a document that will serve as a history of your work this afternoon.
What we will do next week:
- We will create individual learning goals for you based on the document you create today. Thus, do your best today.
- We will prepare for an evaluation designed to help you demonstrate your learning.
- Create a Word Document. Put your name at the top of the document. Copy and Paste any sentences that cause you difficulty from the exercises below into your Word doc.
- Work on Exercise 1 for the categories listed below in Chomp Chomp. Once you have completed the first three sentences in the each exercise, you need to make a choice. If you completed these three sentences with ease, skip the rest of the exercise and move on to the next category below; if you struggled, complete the rest of the exercise.
- Comma Splices and Fused Sentences (the most common errors made by high school students…this might include you)
- Commas (near bottom of the page)
- Word Choice
- Parallel Structure
- Misplaced and Dangling Modifiers
- Save your word doc. Name the file after yourself (ex: Joe Smith.docx)
- Before class ends, I will return and take your file