Today, you will write a paragraph describing a hero from a novel, game, or film you know well. While not every main character is a hero, focussing on heroes will make today’s writing task easier.
Let’s begin by brainstorming about heroes:
- What characteristics does a hero have?
- How does a hero behave?
- What motivates a hero?
- How are heroes “made”?
Next, we need to talk about how a hero is a part of his time. Let’s take a brief look at the Phantom, the first masked hero.
Finally, I want you to examine a hero of your choice. Write a least five points in your notes that answer the following question:
- Is the main character a hero? (provide evidence)
- How does the main character behave?
- What is the character’s motivation for this behaviour?
- What made the character act this way?
- What conflicts/problems does the main character encounter?