Today is your lucky day. Your mission is to beat two video games we’ve left for you. The laptops are signed out, so come to this blog post to click the links.
The first is called “Deadline,” and was made by Mr. Pedrech himself. You’re a reporter in a real news room about to write a story. But being a reporter is a lot like being a detective, so go explore the world and find your first big break.
The second is a journalism game that explores the secrets of the pyramids. To figure them out, you’ll have to do a few activities. The substitute teacher will give you the log in information.
- Begin by going to this site: https://resources.elearningontario.ca/.
- Next, ask your teacher for the log in info
- Now, click on this link: https://download.elearningontario.ca/repository/1088830000/61_pyramids.html
Once you’ve beat both games, you’ve got to decide who you’re going to interview. Here are some ideas (but not all):
- Sports teams (cross country, basketball, hockey, volleyball)
- Clubs (art, drama, history, LINC)
- Student teachers
Your next job is to watch this video on how to do interviews. It’s pretty short, but hits on some good points. Write down the three main points he talks about, and we’ll start practicing interviews when we get back.
Last, but not least, come up with three questions for your interview subject. Good luck!
1) First game
2) Second game
3) Interview topic
4) Watch video
5) Come up with three questions for your person.