This Friday, we will have a small test on effective listening. Here is what you need to know:
- We will spend the rest of this week preparing for this test.
- The format of what we do each day will be very similar to the format of the test. This should help you feel more prepared
- The test will focus on picking up verbal/nonverbal cues and active listening
What we will do each day:
- We will start with a few group exercises designed to help you work on these skills
- We will identify some cues (especially non-verbal) and active listening skills used by a professional interviewer (video)
- We will listen to podcasts based on interest. We will attempt to identify some verbal cues in the podcast; we will also summarize the main ideas of the podcasts.