Our next evaluation is the Olympiad. Sometime next week, we will hold our Olympiad in the school gymnasium. Here are the basics:
- You and 2-3 other students will be responsible for one event/section of the Olympics games
- Your group will recreate the event for the rest of the class and explain its rules, purpose, and structure.
- Each student will also create an annotated bibliography that outlines the research conducted. This step will be explained to you today.
- Each student will be evaluated separately.
- You can learn how to write a bibliography in the Chicago Style here
|Opening ActivitiesBoxingChariot RacingPankration
|DiscusJavelinReligious EventsOdysseus and the games|
You will use the remaining time to work on the Annotated Bibliography component of your assignment. Here are a few things to consider:
- Learn360 has a very useful video about the Ancient olympics, found here.
- This article is here; it should be very useful for javelin and discus demos.
- Use the databases, google scholar, or the site:.edu trick to find useful sources. Do not rely on simple google searches.
- Consult your olympics rubric III: the revenge for the details about your Annotated Bibliography