- Identify the author’s thesis/argument and explain it in 2-3 sentences.
- In 3-4 sentences, explain how the author uses deductive reasoning in the italicized paragraph to explain… (The italics were added by Mr. Pedrech to help you quickly find the paragraph referred to in this question).
- The |(term) paragraph that concludes this essay breaks away from the style the author uses in the rest of the piece. In a few sentences, explain why this is a fitting end to his work.
- In a well-structured letter, express your support or your disapproval of ….
- In a blog-style response (roughly 200 words), explain what you think is more important to ….
- Start with a sentence that catches the reader’s attention
- Use a conversational (but not overly informal) tone
- Keep your paragraphs short (this is not an essay)
- Frame your paragraphs around your opinion