Here is the basic format of the questions on the exam.
- Find and explain the use of any three different rhetorical devices. Explain each device and its use.
- In two to three sentences, summarize the author’s argument.
- Make connections between content of the article and concepts from media. Concepts that might be useful include:
- value messages (including hidden value messages)
- our perception of media: hegemonic, oppositional, and negotiated
- Create a taxonomy (about this article and something of your choice from any text studied this semester ).