Before we begin, remember that you do not have to submit your work this way. If you would rather do a 2D or 3D museum using conventional methods (poster board, etc), you certainly can.
- Write your paragraphs in Microsoft Word. To save time, I suggest putting all of the paragraphs in the same document.
- Create a folder on your H drive. Name the file after you; thus, if your last name is Smith, your folder name should be Smith, too. (if you are using a flash drive, create the folder on your flash drive instead)
- Create a subfolder in the Smith folder. Call the subfolder images.
- Go to Handout Folder on the H drive. Look for Pedrech. Find the text file called content.txt. Copy and paste this content.txt file into the folder named after you.
- Once you have completed all of the steps, you can submit your Smith folder to me in the H Drive.
- Images must be Creative Commons or in the Public Domain. Use Wikipedia for images, since most of the images are in the public domain, or an advanced search on Flickr.com.
The Text File
- This is what the text file looks like. Do not change anything between the & and the =. This code makes the file work.
- Copy and past your content in the appropriate place:
&roomname=The Pedrech Collection
&theme1=Innovation in Architecture
&theme2=Law and Inequality
&theme3=The Role of the Family
&theme1ob1=this is theme 1 object 1
&theme1ob2=This is theme 1 object 2
&theme1ob3=This is theme 1 object 3
&theme2ob1=This is theme 2 object 1
&theme2ob2=This is theme 2 object 2
&theme2ob3=This is theme 2 object 3
&theme3ob1=This is theme 3 object 1
&theme3ob2=This is theme 3 object 2
&theme3ob3=This is theme 3 object 3
&1ob1credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&1ob2credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&1ob3credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&2ob1credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&2ob2credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&2ob3credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&3ob1credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&3ob2credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr
&3ob3credit=Photo by JoeShmoe via Flickr