Today, we will examine the structures of story-telling: the fable and the journey pattern.
- We will begin with one of the most basic themes in all of literature: appearance vs. reality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9kdHXrJYF8
- Next, we will try a short lecture about the journey pattern.
- You will need to conduct some brief research about the characteristics of the fable. Using your PED, try a google search for fable literature site: .edu. Make sure you consult at least 3 sources.
- List the characteristics of a fable in your notes.
- Create a T chart (or a similar structure) in which you list specific connections between the fable/journey pattern and Five People You Meet in Heaven
Finally, in our remaining time, we will examine your work from yesterday.