Our goal today is to discuss the activities you prepared yesterday. The following outlines the basic structure of the discussions:
- Begin by planning the order of the presenters. This is especially important if two people chose the same topic.
- Each member of the group is responsible for presenting his/her ideas.
- Once a blog entry has been shared, each group member should ask one question to the student. Possibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Why did you choose this particular option?
- How do you think your blog entry might connect to the rest of the novel?
- Are there any other details you considered adding?
- Once the discussion about one blog entry has been exhausted, spend 2 minutes adding any relevant information, concepts, or ideas from the blog entry and/or the discussion to your notes
Expectations for discussions:
- I expect to see active listening. This means focusing on the speaker and communicating you focus through non-verbal cues.
- I expect to see some record of the discussion in your notes. While you are free to choose the format (digital or hand-written) and the organization (point-form, diagrams, etc), you still need to track key details. Tracking such details will help you prepare for your presentation at the end of the novel study.