Today, we will complete a series of small tasks that will not only help you learn about the French Revolution, but also provide you with examples of interesting pieces of media that are relevant to your projects:
- We will watch this rather unique version of Bad Romance.
- Next, please watch this short video about the life of Napoleon.
- On the same page, you will find a video clip called Napoleon invades Russia, and scan this article about the mass graves at Vilnius. In your notes, please track the following
- What factors led to Napoleon’s defeat?
- What parallels can we draw between Napoleon’s loss in Russia and the failure of Operation Barbarossa?
- By the way, did you know that the shipping embargos during the Napoleonic Wars had a tremendous influence on Canada? Because the English needed a new supply of lumber for shipbuilding, they turned to the Maritime colonies. Thus, for a short while, the Maritime were the richest colonies on the continent.
- Watch the Battle of Trafalgar animation from BBC history. Compare your notes from the other day to the animation, filling in any important gaps. Remember to make note of the Nelson Touch.
- Complete the Battle of Waterloo game offered by BBC history. Once you are finished, make track the pivotal moments of the battle in your notes. To reinforce key ideas, consult this short article (you are only responsible for the section about Waterloo).