Today, we are going to write an outline for an essay. Don’t worry; you are not going to write the essay itself. We will begin with the following question:
What rules (if any) should govern the actions of combatants in times of war?
(Combatants include soldiers, armies, and states)
How We Will Proceed
- Use the cue cards provided to make quick notes about any facts, assertions, or ideas you glean from the sources.
- Dedicate one card to every item
- Write the source name and the page number at the top of each card
- File in at least three cards cars with prior knowledge. This can include bits of information from past courses or, for example, the Total War film we considered yesterday.
- Read the article provided. Use the method outlined above to collect any ideas you might have.
- Look through your text or online for relevant information. Make sure you gather at least 5 cue cards of information.
- We will walk through the remaining steps together.