Ladies and gentlemen,
We are quickly approaching the end of the play (and our unit test). I assume you share my excitement….
Our goal today is to complete 4 scenes. Yes, 4 scenes. Here is how we will proceed:
- I will assign two groups to each scene. One group will act the scene for the class; the other is responsible for analysing the scene on the class’ behalf.
- You will have twenty minutes to prepare. The actors must rehearse the scene, while the remaining students must use this time to analyse the scene’s importance. Consider the following:
- What happens in the scene?
- How does the scene advance key elements of the plot?
- How does the scene connect to the prophesies?
- Which line(s) best exemplify the events of the scene? Why?
- The groups will perform the scenes for you. At the end, the students responsible for the analysis will present their findings.