Today, we will use a variety of strategies to help us understand the basics about life in Ancient Egypt.
- First, let’s take a look at an unusual archeological find from last year
- Next, we will try our first mini-lecture.
- We will play a video game together to learn more about the Egyptian burial process
- We will take a brief look the geography that made the Kingdom’s success possible. Thus, please read pages 55-56; in your notes, explain how the geography of the region made a strong and stable kingdom possible. Be specific.
- For homework, I need you to prepare yourselves for a brief discussion about Egyptian pyramids. Thus, please play the Pyramid Maker game hosted by the BBC, and scroll through the images from the Development of Pyramids gallery. As you complete these tasks, think about the difficulties faced during the building process, and the level of dedication required from a culture to make such incredible structures possible.