Here is what you need to do:
- Show me your permission slip for blogging
- Ensure that you can access your email account. If you cannot access your email account, you can create one through our board. Go to www.live.com; ask me for your log-in and password.
- Create your blog at www.wordpress.com. This useful tutorial features a video explanation; I suggest starting with this. Make sure to set your blog to private.
- We need to add the class to your blog. First, however, you will need everyone’s usernames. Thus, I need everyone to create a Word document. One the first line of your document, type your name (ex. Joe Smith) and your wordpress Username. Save the file, and hand it in to the folder Pedrech folder on the L Drive. By the end of class, I hope to have a list ready for you.
- Get ready to write your first blog entry. This tutorial will help you: http://en.support.wordpress.com/create-content/.
- Finally, you can write. Remember that your goal is to write a response to the article we started yesterday. Whether you agree or disagree with the author’s claims, make sure you provide a clear example of his reasoning.
- If you didn’t finish the article, make sure you read it now!