Our attempts at collaborative tasks have not always worked as well as I had hoped. After a few very traditional days, however, we might be ready to try again.
Visualizations of Peacekeeping
After William leads us in a short overview of Canadian peacekeeping in Yugoslavia, you will be divided into groups. Each group will be responsible for answering the following questions:
- Should Canada continue to invest in peacekeeping? Why or why not?
- What factors should shape our decisions about peacekeeping?
- Have our losses been worthwhile? Why or why not?
Regardless of the format chosen, your group’s work will be posted on this blog as a study tool for the entire class. You have 20 minutes to plan what you will do before you have access to the materials.
- 2 groups will use the Livescribe Pen (your videos will be two minutes long)
- 2 groups will use the whiteboards to create a graffiti wall (the walls will be photographed and added to the blog)
- 1 group will create a PowerPoint slide
- 1 group will use Comic Life to create a 3 page graphic answer to the questions
You will be organized according to your seating arrangement. I will choose your leaders.
If you are using a computer, use this website to get images: http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/sites/photos/