Today, I want you to create a large infograph that will explain how Canadian culture changed during the 1950s and 1960s. Here are the ground rules:
- You will work in the same groups of 4 that you worked in for our Cuban Missile Crisis task.
- You will collaborate on a large infograph about Canadian life in the 1950s/60s.
- We are going to scale down the infographs for your notes; thus, make sure the lines, shapes, and text stand out.
- While the infograph is a collaborative, unified effort, each person in the group is responsible for one corner of the page.
Your topics are below. Each person in the group is responsible for one topic.
- The baby boom (pages 202-204)
- Transformation to a Consumer Society (pages 204-206)
- Canada Discovers Suburbia (pg 209)
- The Arrival of the Teenager (pg 211)
Steps to Success
- Each person should read his/her section
- Briefly explain your topic to your group members
- Discuss possible titles, layout, and organization for your infograph. What title best reflects the all of the changes during this time period? How can these changes be represented through images?