The purpose of this course is to make you a better communicator. We will closely examine the methods through which great communicators like Shakespeare convey emotion, thought, and action; we will often use their work as inspiration for our own. Because we need to prepare you for the post-secondary world, we will also consider the sort of communication that occurs in university and college.
Below is a list of the tentative assignments that will be formally evaluated. Please note that they do not include regular writing tasks designed to help you communicate more effectively.
- introductions (a series of three, one based on your future area of study)
- blogs (instead of journals)
- novel seminar
- Lit Crit Hamlet
- notes for essay (based on the comparative essay)
- Poetry press conference
- Glass Menagerie Tutorial
- comparative essay on two novels
- walkabout CA (Anne’s, connected to essay)